Location: Remote, USA
Time commitment: Part-Time, hourly contract, ~10 – 30 hours per week
No agencies please, individuals only.
Founded in 2009, OrangeQC creates easy-to-use janitorial inspection software that tracks cleaning, maintenance, disinfection of high-touch surfaces, and more. Universities, cleaning companies, office spaces and more use our simple mobile app for powerful quality control in their facilities. In the post-pandemic world, everyone cares about cleaning and we are a critical part of measuring to ensure spaces are clean and healthy for their participants.
Today, most of the industry either users antiquated paper checklists on a clipboard, or cumbersome enterprise software that collects dust. We stand out by taking a refreshingly simple approach to designing software that is both easy to use and powerful for our users.
QA at OrangeQC
Quality control must be a core competency of ours, because it’s a core business tenet for each of our customers – from hospitals to universities, from gyms to corporate campuses, keeping a facility clean involves a high level of attention to detail.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our software products. Using the Shape Up methodology from Basecamp, you’ll work closely with our development teams across web, iOS, and Android platforms to identify, report, and resolve defects, ensuring our janitorial quality control tools are of the highest standard.
To us, QA isn’t just a set of regression tests or product gates that prevent builds from going out. It’s an upgrade to our product quality. You’re involved from the outset of a project during its earliest stages, all the way through to the final phases where we hunt for edge cases to ensure the product is fast, simple, and intuitive.
- Test Strategy & Planning: Design, develop, and execute test plans and strategies for new features and enhancements.
- Defect Identification & Management: Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing.
- Automation: Design and implement test automation frameworks and scripts where applicable.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with product owners, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Continuous Improvement: Recommend improvements to software to enhance user experiences based on QA findings and feedback.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed, up-to-date documentation of testing efforts and results.
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance.
- Proficiency in test automation tools and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of the Shape Up methodology or similar Agile practices.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to identify subtle issues in complex systems.
- Familiarity with various testing methodologies (functional, regression, integration, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with janitorial or facility management software is a plus, but not required.
The team keeps US Central Time core business hours. We are looking for candidates that will be performing this work remotely while living and residing in the USA. (Work cannot be performed outside of the US.)
We make heavy use of asynchronous communication tools, but are not afraid to get into zoom meetings to resolve issues quickly and unblock team members.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a bit about yourself.
OrangeQC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in https://www.e-verify.gov/ to determine employment eligibility.